What is eBus?
- eBus is a messaging middleware.
- eBus routes messages between objects ...
- ... in the same application,
- ... in different applications on the same host, and
- ... in different applications on different hosts.
- eBus messages are user-defined classes.
- eBus routes based on type+topic (message class and subject), providing stronger type checking than topic-based routing.
- eBus supports publish/subscribe.
- eBus supports request/reply.
- eBus is not a separate message routing process.
It is your process.
The overview shows how application objects interact with the eBus API to send and receive user-defined messages. An application object may implement one or more eBus roles: publisher, subscriber, requestor and replier. An application object may also listen for changes to remote eBus application connections (if used).
Latest version: 4.4.0
Released: August 12, 2017